Description:We are a boutique law firm with a focus on land use, zoning, and development. We are looking to hire a personable lawyer that fits our firm's culture and is interested in becoming part of a company with a long history of representing business clients in our community. The candidate will be expected to display sound judgment and decision-making with excellent communication skills. The candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to perform well under pressure to meet deadlines. The top candidate will display natural leadership qualities and collaborate well with a team.
- Negotiate commercial transactions (e.g., real estate deals, asset purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements).
- Simplify and explain complicated legal documents to clients.
- Provide legal advice and counsel clients on business decisions.
- Draft, review, and manage various contracts, agreements, and documents.
- Appear at closings.
- Present land use applications before local town and municipal boards.
- Draft, review, and manage litigation papers.
- Appear in court and at depositions.
- Participate in various functions on behalf of clients.
- Legal research and writing.
- Admitted to practice law in the State of New York and in good standing.
- Three to nine years of experience.
- Experience in land use and zoning law preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to learn, grow and build.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Westlaw preferred.
Please review the practice areas listed on the firm's website before applying.