Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
We are seeking Legal Counsel to work in our Doral, FL location. This role offers you the ability to strategize cases, exercise business judgment soundly, and operate with a sense of urgency. If you are suitably experienced and ready to quickly assume responsibilities, this opportunity may be for you.
- Handles legal work on assigned cases Aggressively pursues files referred to Staff Counsel by the Claims Department.
- Creates and maintains a documented strategy for case handling in each assigned case to include a synopsis of the intangible factors, i.e. the judge, plaintiff attorney, aggravating factors, etc.
- Develops, organizes and maintains document files consisting of pleadings, briefs and memorandums.
- Prepares and submits timely status reports to claims handlers on all significant activities as they occur, but at no greater than 60-day intervals.
- Ensures that all files are properly documented and organized.
- Provides prompt and timely responses to all telephone calls and correspondence.
- Utilizes and/or ensures use of case management software for maintaining notes, diary, calendar, billing, etc., on cases assigned to Staff Counsel and in accordance with established Company operating guidelines, procedures and legal and ethical requirements/guidelines.
- 3+ years of experience as a trial attorney.
- Handling of insurance defense work is preferred.
- Member of the State Bar, while maintaining all necessary licensing and continuing education requirements.
- The selected candidate will be required to complete 6-10 weeks of training in office. Post training the employee will transition to a hybrid work schedule which will require weekly reporting to our Miami Legal office location.
- Required to travel as needed.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Kemper will never request personal information, such as your social security number or banking informantion, via text or email. If you receive such a message, delete it.