Description:L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Principal, Counsel
Job Code: SAS20231411-108132
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL, Melbourne, FL or Remote
We are currently seeking an attorney with significant experience in government and commercial contracts to provide legal support to the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) segment, focusing on Supply Chain and Subcontracts activities. The attorney will report to the Vice President, General Counsel for the SAS segment. This position will be located in Melbourne/Palm Bay, Florida or remote.
- Provides proactive and practical legal counsel and guidance to SAS business management and functional staff in all general and specialized legal matters including Federal, State and local legal compliance (with an emphasis on the FAR and DFARS) as well as international and commercial business transactions.
- Provide proactive and practical legal counsel and guidance to SAS personnel around all aspects of vendor relationships and supply chain, including legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial, licensing, subcontracts, strategic sourcing and outsourcing transactions and agreements
- Participate in negotiations and contract drafting as requested
- Assist in the prevention of disputes and litigation by proactive, early involvement and mediation in business transactions; manage disputes and related litigation
- Advise Supply Chain management teams on drafting and updating purchase orders, terms and conditions, supply agreements and related documents
- Ensures that SAS practices and procedures comply with Federal, State and local laws and are consistent with applicable Corporate policies and procedures.
- Develops, maintains and applies proper processes, practices and guidelines in close coordination with other SAS functional and operational leaders, with primary focus on Supply Chain and Subcontracts functions.
- Engage with customer/supplier counterparts as reasonably required in support of complex legal/business transactional matters.
- Advises and coordinates with the Vice President, General Counsel for SAS segment, and the Harris General Counsel or his or her designee on significant matters concerning legal issues.
- Maintains a high level of proficiency on current laws and implementing regulations, and coordinates with SAS staff to develop and deliver timely training, as appropriate.
- Requires mastery level knowledge within a specific technical area or multiple job areas. Viewed as an expert and/or resource within the field by peers in and outside the organization. Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 16 years of prior related experience.
- Eligibility to obtain U.S. Government security clearances.
- Ability to travel on short notice when necessary to achieve business objectives.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- A strong background and relevant experience in all aspects of U.S. federal and state procurement, commercial transactions, and international procurement.
- A Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school and a state bar membership.
- A minimum of 7-8 years of relevant government contracting and commercial transactional experience, either with the U.S. government, law firm or as an in-house counsel.
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $119,500- $221,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) or Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf). For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088_EEOC_KnowYourRights_10_20.pdf) or Spanish (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088_EEOC_KnowYourRightsSp_10_20.pdf?force_isolation=tru).