Description:We are looking for an admitted, experienced, and professional candidate for a promising Personal Injury Litigation Attorney position. Quality candidates will demonstrate a strong knowledge of motions and pleadings . They will work on a team dedicated to managing litigation cases, writing dispositive motions, writing responsive pleadings, and supporting the trial team with legal research and input on strategies. Must be well-spoken, personable, and reliable. The ideal attorney will have excellent legal research and analysis skills as well as experience drafting discovery, pleadings, and a variety of motions.
- Assist the Firm in all aspects of litigation, including but not limited to: drafting complaints, responding to written discovery, responding to demurrers, and responding to motions for summary judgment.
- Prepare concise and organized memoranda with recommendations to the Firm.
- Argue motions, motions to strike, motions to compel initial responses, motions to compel further responses, motions to consolidate, motions to dismiss, motions to amend, motions to vacate, etc.
- Handle various aspects of litigation from filing pleadings to discovery and motions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements.
- Communicate with clients and discuss options, strategies and solutions at key junctures of their case so they understand their options and make informed decisions.
- Maintain adequate case, file, and related records to ensure effective completion of projects assigned and assists in the evaluation of the work product.
- Law degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school and excellent academic credentials.
- A minimum of 3+ years of legal experience.
- Must possess excellent persuasive writing and analytical skills, and an ability to use those skills in a time-sensitive, multitasking work environment.
- Prior experience in summarizing third-party records, drafting briefs, responding to discovery, taking and defending depositions, and motion work is required.
- Prior trial preparation experience is beneficial but not required.
- Familiarity with the standard practices, rules, and procedures of California Law.
- Strong legal research and writing skills required and knowledge of proper format and citations.
- All candidates must have a valid California State Bar number. No exception.