The Fort Lauderdale office of Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, a nationally recognized AV-rated® firm of 200+ attorneys across 17 offices, is looking to hire an Insurance Coverage Associate with a minimum of 5 years of experience in evaluating and litigating first and third-party liability coverage matters in State and Federal court.
The Candidate Should Have the Following Experience:
- Analyzing insurance policies
- Drafting coverage opinions and position letters
- Drafting pleadings, motions and discovery
- Arguing motions
- Taking depositions
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Admission to the Florida State Bar. Current admission to the Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida and Northern District of Florida Federal courts is preferred.
- Superior legal research, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent academic credentials
As part of its continued efforts to actively recruit and advance the recruitment, development and promotion of diverse lawyers, Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck is participating in Diversity Lab's Mansfield Rule 2022 initiative. The Mansfield Rule is named for Arabella Mansfield, the first woman admitted to practice law in the United States. It measures whether law firms affirmatively consider diverse lawyers for promotions, senior-level hiring and significant leadership roles. Under this initiative, KDV strives for a candidate pool consisting of at least 30% women, attorneys of color, and/or LGBTQ+ attorneys for all lateral partner and mid-to-senior-level associate hires.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at KDV without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. KDV is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.