Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
- Shelton, CT
This position reports to the VP, Legal – Enterprise, Privacy and Technology and is located in Shelton, CT. This position requires the ability to travel up to 10%.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal support and review, interpret, draft, structure and negotiate complex commercial contracts for the enterprise.
- Provide legal services to various enterprise functions, projects and initiatives.
- Negotiate contracts including, without limitation, MSAs, NDAs, SOWs, SaaS agreements, terms and conditions, licenses, technology agreements, vendor agreements, marketing agreements, sourcing and logistics agreements, and various other types of commercial contracts.
- Provide clear and practical legal advice to internal clients.
- Work closely with enterprise functional leads and business teams to help internal clients drive their business strategies.
- Proactively identify issues and develop solutions and roadmaps for same.
- Assist with various complex and/or sensitive projects of the Legal Department, as assigned.
- Provide preventive, proactive legal advice on a broad range of general corporate, commercial and public company topics.
- Assist Legal Team with mergers and acquisitions, integration and business development projects.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and outside counsel as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- J.D. degree and membership in good standing in one state bar (preferably Connecticut) required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the area of corporate/commercial law including the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements.
- Effective communicator (written and oral), with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, coworkers, and colleagues.
- Detail oriented and results driven.
- Possess strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at once and balance competing demands.
- Good judgment, a high level of professional integrity, ethics, and maturity and the discretion, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience coordinating across multiple departments and functions and the ability to project manage sensitive matters as needed.
- Transactional experience at a law firm; prior in-house experience a plus.
- Adept at software and systems or willing to learn to become adept at such systems.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.