Description:Silverado. Passion. Possibilities. Purpose.
Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment.?We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others.?At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!
Silverado is presently seeking a Vice President of Risk & Legal Affairs to join our team in Irvine, CA.
Salary Range:?$200 – 220K
Your diligence and expertise will provide the leadership to meet the following responsibilities:
- Develop the risk management strategy for the company and execute through strong leadership and highly developed business skills and leverage of internal and external alliances
- Lead the procurement of all insurance coverage, budget allocations, policy audits, corporate development due diligence, insured claims management, establishment of risk management processes and development of entire insurance risk management program
- Utilize your broad-based knowledge of operational and clinical risks as well as accessing internal and external experts as needed to provide guidance to internal stakeholders both proactively and reactively
- Provide internal and external training on company's risk appetite, approved insurance requirements, notice requirements and all other insurable risk policies and procedures
- Partner with colleagues and business partners to monitor and evaluate internal and external safety and loss control processes including loss prevention, employee safety and facility security
- Oversee outside counsel in defense of GLPL and EPL claims and work collaboratively with insurance adjusters towards claim resolution
- Monitor and analyze insurance-related litigation and ensure proper notice is given to insurers for Workers' Compensation, Professional General Liability, Auto Liability and Physical Damage, Property, Crime and Employment Practices Liability claims
- Ensure organizational compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and educate internal stakeholders related to company initiatives and regulatory changes
- Serve as legal advisor to the Executive Team and Board of Directors as necessary
- Draft and review contracts and organizational communications as needed
- Review advertising/marketing collateral to ensure compliance and mitigate risk
- Serve as Compliance Officer to Medicare/Medicaid certified hospice organization
- Develop and implement a compliance program to ensure the organization operates in compliance with state and federal laws
- Remain up-to-date on laws related to the hospice organization and draft/update hospice policies as necessary
- Perform compliance audits to determine whether established protocols are being followed and where they can be improved
- Willing to work as part of an in-person team (remote work is not available for this position)
- 7+ years' experience in risk management, legal and/or compliance roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Practical and results oriented approach coupled with analytical rigor
- Ability to organize and manage multiple matters simultaneously, communicate with internal stakeholders and deliver timely results
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Self-directed with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.