Description:ScionHealth is recruiting for a Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Litigation to join our corporate legal team.Candidates in Louisville, KY or Nashville, TN preferred.
The Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Litigation, is responsible for managing litigation for the Company and providing general advice and counsel related to a broad range of pre-litigation and litigation matters, including complex business disputes, breach of contract matters, health care enforcement, labor, and employment matters.
To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with our without a reasonable accommodation.
- Retains outside counsel and manages performance of outside counsel, including reviewing and ensuring reasonableness of outside counsel invoices. Reviews recommendations of outside counsel to develop and implement strategies on pre-litigation and litigation matters.
- Works closely with key business stakeholders and executive leadership to conduct internal investigations, assess litigation risks and develop strategies for resolving matters.
- Collaborates with the Operations Counsel on managing government investigations and addressing contract matters that may lead to litigation.
- Serves as the Company representative at mediations, arbitrations, and court proceedings.
- Reviews settlement offers and makes recommendations about accepting or rejecting offers.
- Oversees and manages legal services specialists responsible for subpoena response, discovery and e-discovery, litigation holds and records management.
- Monitors pre-litigation and litigation matters and prepares reports for management review, diligence, and audit requests.
- Manages legal reserves and assists with the preparation of legal department budget.
- Provides internal training and education on matters related to litigation and legal topics.
- Regular and reliable attendance; Perform other duties as assigned.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: Up to 30%
- Values Every Voice.Seeks to understand different perspectives and cultures; contributes to a work climate where the contributions of all individuals are valued and supported; is sensitive to cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating.
- Shows Courage. Faces difficult issues and supports others who do the same; is willing to champion an idea or position despite dissent or political risk; provides direct and actionable feedback.
- Leans Into New Ideas. Learns quickly when facing new situations; experiments to find new solutions and extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes.
- Instills Trust. Follows through on commitments and keeps confidences; is seen as direct and truthful, shows consistency between words and actions; creates psychologically safe work environments.
- Manages Complexity. Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations; acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems; uncovers root cause to difficult problems; evaluates pros and cons, risks, and benefits of different solution options.
- Resourcefulness. Marshals resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal; gets the most out of limited resources; applies knowledge of internal structures, processes, and culture to resourcing efforts.
- Interpersonal Savvy. Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography; acts with diplomacy and tact; builds rapport and constructive relationships; picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; proficient computer skills including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe.
Experience:8+ years' experience in litigation, litigation management or equivalent.
Depending on the candidate's qualifications, this role may be filled at a different level.