Description:About this role:
Are you a business person first, and a lawyer second? Does the thought of working with the unknown, the unregulated and the unprecedented excite you? If so, look no further! Wildpack is looking for a brilliant legal mind to join a passionate and disruptive team. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, you'll be a key member of our Growth Team focused on Litigation and partnering with our General Counsel. Check out the requirements below and if this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
A Day in the Life: What You Do
- Manage and control WildPack litigation on full range of issues involved with co-packing, manufacturing, contract, employment, and others that may arise during operation of a commercial enterprise.
- Represent and appear for WildPack in disputes across all jurisdictions in which WildPack or its customers are located, such as California, Delaware, Maryland, and Nevada.
- Hire and manage local and outside counsel where appropriate.
- Identify, analyze, and monitor threatened or potential disputes and litigation risks.
- Work with internal stakeholders to investigate disputes, complaints, and/or threatened or potential litigation with or by WildPack vendors, customers, employees, and/or others.
- Communicate with adverse parties and internal stakeholders, including evaluating settlement value of disputes and negotiating with opposing parties.
- Appear for WildPack in various Courts, as appropriate.
- Work closely with and manage local or outside counsel in larger matters or otherwise where appropriate.
- Operate as nexus between WildPack management and outside counsel, including providing updates and advice on pending litigation and financial risks.
- Coordinate discovery, including responses to interrogatories, requests for admission, requests for production, and document collections by outside counsel.
- Appear at mediations and negotiate settlements.
- Ensure compliance with settlement agreements or enforcement of judgments
- Advise on best practices and minimization of future litigation risks.
Qualifications: What You Know
- JD from an accredited law school
- Active Bar membership with Delaware Bar and ability to appear in Delaware state and federal courts
- 3-7 years of post JD experience in commercial litigation
- Experience identifying risks and providing solutions in a collaborative manner
- Keen eye for detail while being able to remain focused on the bigger picture
- Superb analytical and communication skills to be
- Strong drafting skills
- A sense of humour
- Something other than a suit