We invite you to explore a future with us at PRA Group, a diverse and growing company that has a tangible impact on the global economy.
Represents the Company in litigation on consumer accounts and other legal proceedings involving the Company and its affiliates. Prepares and files legal documents, discovery materials and pleadings, and provides guidance to the Company's attorneys in support of such activities.
Key Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Litigates on behalf of the Company in respective state courts where licensed to practice utilizing case management software
- Represents the Company and its affiliates in courts of law, collects facts and evidence, try cases and performs other litigation-related tasks
- Responsible for accurate and timely case management by preparing legal documents, developing appropriate strategies and making necessary arguments with defendant, opposing counsel, and court personnel
- Represents the Company at scheduling conferences, mediations, settlement conferences, depositions, hearings and trials
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies across areas of organizational responsibility
- Juris Doctor Degree Required
- Active member of the bar in the state(s) where practicing. CT required, New York preferred.
- 2+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent
- Prior litigation experience preparing and drafting pleadings, participating in all phases of the discovery process and handling of trials required
- Familiarity with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth-In-Lending Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Equal Credit Opportunity Act and all other federal and state laws and regulations related to consumer credit and collections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to engage with stakeholders from multiple levels
- Effective organizational, time-management and interpersonal skills and a high attention to detail
- Ability to discern and analyze the impact of multiple issues on a given situation, and provide sound business judgment
- Ability to research, read, analyze, and interpret statutes, case law, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to provide well researched, accurate and practical legal advice in a timely manner
- Ability to develop, improve and standardize procedures
Work is performed in an office environment with telephones, personal computers, and printers. The office environment is an open workspace with individual workstations. The noise level of the environment is usually moderate. This position is a:
Sedentary position with seldom to occasional lifting of less than 11 pounds; requires frequent lifting of less than 1 pound; and may require standing less than or equal to 1/3 of the day.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
PRA Group has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, specific working location and market position. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and PRA Group reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications and location of the selected candidate. In addition to base salary, PRA may offer additional benefits to include performance based bonus programs and/or equity programs depending on the position. PRA offers paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k match, life insurance, and other benefits to assist with the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We are a drug free workplace.