As the global leader in eye care, Alcon has built a rich history of providing innovative products to customers and patients all over the world. We're extremely proud of our legacy and the significant way we've helped to shape the industry over the last 70 years, but we're just getting started. Our relentless passion to eliminate unmet medical needs drives our pursuit to further advance eye health worldwide. We're looking for exceptionally talented, driven people who want to make a difference. If you'd like to help us change the way the world sees, this is your chance to Be Brilliant!
This position will be primarily based with the Global Trademarks team within the Alcon legal department. Projects may consist of research, global trademark prosecution, negotiation and development of trademark-related agreements. Other projects may come from a variety of areas within the legal department.
- Acts as a strategic partner to the business to maximize leverage of business value through TM rights; Builds and sustains value-adding partnership with all relevant departments within the Company; e.g. Legal, Marketing, Finance, BD&L, Regulatory.
- Performs high-quality research and leads development of solutions in partnership with business and global Intellectual Property (IP) function.
- Drives the development, optimization and implementation of strategies, policies, guidelines, etc. relating to the Trademark portfolios in cooperation with relevant interfaces.
- Works within Integrity and Compliance policies, as well as counsels those around them to do the same.
- Works to foster a diverse and inclusive environment, free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
They will also have the chance to make a real-world impact by working on meaningful projects that will help patients and customers see brilliantly. Alcon also offers interns personal and professional development, high visibility and coaching and mentoring opportunities.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university or college for at least one semester prior to internship or co-op, and at least one additional semester following internship or co-op.
- Must be pursuing at least a Bachelors level degree
- Academic performance: Minimum cumulative GPA 2.8/4.0
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e. extracurricular activities or projects)
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated)
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week, full time (40 hours per week) summer internship
- We are interested in students who are currently in the first or second year of law school.
- Someone with international coursework or experience
- Interest in trademarks
- Excellent customer service skills
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.