Did you know? Signature Bank has appeared on Forbes' Best Banks in America list for over ten years and was recently selected to become part of the prestigious S & P 500!
Now is the perfect time to join our winning team! Signature Bank, member FDIC, was founded in 2001 as a full-service commercial bank with private client offices throughout the New York metropolitan area. In 2018, the Bank expanded its footprint to the West Coast with the opening of its first full-service private client banking office in San Francisco, and we continue to expand! The Bank’s growing network of private client banking teams serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and senior managers. Signature Bank offers a wide variety of business and personal banking products and services.
What you should know about the Staff Counsel - Regulatory role:
In this position, you will primarily provide bank regulatory legal advice and strategic expertise to Signature Bank, a New York state-chartered, non-member bank, and its subsidiaries.
In this role, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Research and advise on laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the Bank and its subsidiaries, particularly regulations/rules promulgated by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”) and New York State Department of Financial Services (“NYSDFS”)
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory applications and notices in connection with activities of the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Support Regulatory Legal Team responsibilities associated with exam management and regulator correspondence
- Support Regulatory Legal Team review of new Bank or subsidiary activities, products/services, internal processes, including special projects, and certain regulatory disclosures as part of client-facing communications
- Support regulatory change management process through assisting in the monitoring and assessment of relevant regulatory developments
To be successful, your background should match these qualifications:
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited institution required.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of New York.
- 1-3 years of relevant bank regulatory experience, practicing at a law firm, regulatory agency and/or in-house legal department at a commerical bank or other financial services company; experience with bank regulatory matters preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas concisely
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision-mkaing skills under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
We offer an amazing employee benefit package, including:
- A generous BONUS program with eligibility for all employees
- Comprehensive health benefits, including vision and dental options, and huge HSA contributions
- An award winning wellness program, with employee payments in several categories!
- Tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- 401K with company match and immediate vesting
- Pet Insurance
- Parental leaves
- And the list goes on!
Signature Bank offers a base salary in this position with a range of $98,000 to $125,000, dependent on qualifications and experience. In addition, there is an annual bonus plan that is paid based on merit and performance in the role.
For those candidates applying to locations in San Francisco: Signature Bank will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and federal laws applicable to Signature Bank.