The Staff Attorney supports the Sr. In-House Counsel by researching, developing, delivering, and maintaining compliance information for internal stakeholders. The Staff Attorney will use extensive research skills, writing, organizational, and problem-solving skills to monitor legislative, regulatory and compliance developments to advise internal stakeholders on legal best practices and provide creative, yet compliant, solutions to business matters.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Liaison with members of Internal Audit, Business Development, Client Solutions, Human Resources, Project Management, Finance, Operations, Information Technology, and Marketing to advise on legal matters;
- Create, review, modify, update, negotiate, and maintain contracts, agreements, and other legal documents on behalf of OneDigital, including but not limited to:
- Employment and Separation Agreements
- Variable Compensations Plans
- Internal HR Communications and Policies
- Client Agreements, such as Service Agreements, Business Associate Agreements (BAAs), Nondisclosure Agreements (NDAs), Data Protection Addendums (DPAs) and Referral Agreements
- Vendor and Carrier Agreements, such as Master Service Agreements (MSAs), Subcontractor Business Associate Agreements (BAAs), Nondisclosure Agreements (NDAs), Data Protection Addendums (DPAs) and Referral Agreements
- Commercial Real Estate Agreements, such as leases, FF&E Agreements, and Architecture Agreements;
- Provide analysis and counsel on federal and state legislation that can impact the business, including but not limited to:
- Labor & Employment Law
- Employee Benefits Law
- Insurance Licensing
- Data Privacy & Security
- Contract Law
- Proactively monitor, develop, and provide solutions to eliminate or appropriately minimize risk through the regulatory compliance program, including implementing corrective action plans for resolving issues;
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures, and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and their implications;
- Provide general legal research on various matters for OneDigital and affiliated companies;
- Provide litigation and dispute resolution support for cases involving OneDigital or OneDigital client matters; and
- Provide strategic support to Sr. In-House Counsel and function as part of a national team to meet the overall objectives for the legal and compliance team.
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience with legal research, writing, and document review;
- JD and licensed and in good standing;
- Prior experience in commercial real estate, contract review, employee benefits, labor & employment law, and/or at carrier or broker agency firm a plus;
- Excellent research, writing, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize complex material into user-friendly end product;
- Possess general business acumen with a consultative approach to legal and compliance;
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently;
- Self-motivated, high energy, enthusiastic individual with the ability and desire to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment with a remote team;
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and systems.
- This position will report to the headquarters office located in Atlanta, GA. However, while we this role will be fully remote, we prefer candidates on East Coast Time.
- Additional preference considered, located near the Atlanta Area or within the state of Georgia.
Thank you for your interest in joining the OneDigital team!