Do you have a passion for helping people? Then you are who we want! Kentucky Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm serving the low-income, elderly and disabled communities for over 35 counties. Our offices in Bowling Green, Owensboro, Madisonville, Paducah and Hopkinsville support families and individuals during some of life’s toughest times. We consist of a forward-thinking body of staff that have a desire to assist those that need it the most. The staff attorney position would consist of but is not limited to:
- Ligation work
- Document drafting and retention
- Client meetings and mediations
- Case filing
- Regulation compliance regarding client and case work
- Travel between a 2-3 county area weekly
- Legal advice and support
Applicants for the Staff Attorney position should have the following:
- Licensure in the State of Kentucky or eligible to practice in Kentucky based on licensure in another State.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with Legal Aid colleagues, other legal services providers; and non-legal community based service providers;
- Experience working with low-income clients;
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication, and leadership skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice;
- A good-standing relationship in the community;
- Experience with housing or family law is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency or fluency in Spanish or another language is preferred but not required.
The Staff Attorney will be paid in accordance with KLA’s salary scale commensurate with experience. KLA also offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Up to 5 weeks of paid leave per year
- Health, Dental & vision insurance
- Automatic $20,000 life insurance plan
- State pension plan with an employer contribution of around 26% annually
- Student loan forgiveness and reimbursement opportunities
Kentucky Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.