Description:We are currently looking for a Senior Commercial Counsel to work in our Global Legal Department. This is an individual contributor position, reporting to the Regional Manager – Americas. The position is based in our global headquarters in the Woodlands, TX.
This position will manage all aspects of legal support and advice for clients of all divisions of the Company, including the purchase and sale of goods, acquisition and provision of services, and management of outside counsel under engagement in the region. In particular, we are looking for a lawyer with comprehensive operations experience and practice. Experience advising clients on major capital projects and investments a significant plus. The position will involve interactions with all levels of management in the Company and will require a thorough understanding of the Company's values, strategy, risk management and commercial philosophies.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
As a Sr. Commercial Counsel, you will:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts involving acquisition of raw materials, services and sale of goods
- Advise clients on a broad range of legal matters, including transactions, regulatory work, claim triage and litigation
- Provide appropriate training on legal topics and processes, and promote training and support on the use of various legal department electronic tools
- Liaise with other shared service functions including Procurement, Tax, Treasury, Credit EHS, IT and HR to ensure alignment with all relevant stakeholders in business transactions
- Monitor and advise clients on current and new legislation affecting business operations
- Monitor and advise on current and new legislation and other regulatory matters and developments; Provide training as needed
- Conduct all other legal work assigned from time to time
- Post Covid travel may be required from time to time
- Be a member of the Texas bar (or of another US jurisdiction) in good standing.
- Have at least 7 to 10 years of relevant business / commercial practice experience in a top tier law firm or as in-house counsel in a large law department.
- Comprehensive legal experience in general corporate and commercial matters. Experience with UCC-governed contracts is required.
- Must have strong influencing capability, be proactive and develop strong relationships with internal clients.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to handle a large workload and prioritize well.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with other legal team members around the world.
- Experience advising on contracts with the government a plus.
- Experience advising clients on all aspects of major capital projects and investments, including greenfield and brownfield investment opportunities and recurring plant T&I (Turnaround and Inspections) is a plus.
- Experience in the manufacturing sector (or chemical industry) is a plus.
- The candidate must have an unrestricted right to work for Huntsman in the United States.
Huntsman offers outstanding benefits which start from Day One.
- Competitive healthcare, dental, vision and wellness programs.
- One additional week of paid time off - on top of vacation.
- 401(k) – Huntsman automatically contributes 6% of eligible pay, regardless of employee contribution. In addition to the 6% non-discretionary contribution, Huntsman will match $1 for every $1 you contribute up to a maximum match of 4% of eligible pay.
What can we offer you?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. We are a global specialty chemical company with locations in 30 countries around the world, employing over 11,000 associates. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference.? Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. ?Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in “@huntsman.com” and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. ?If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.