Description:Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience creates the world's most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, we're building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we've got big challenges to solve – we hope you'll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code – we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
Corteva Agriscience a global agriculture company is seeking a Sr.Trademark Attorney with 5-10 years of trademark experience to manage its global trademark portfolio. Qualified candidates will have successful experience in the following:
What will you do – How will you help us Grow?Primary Responsibilities:
- Performing and evaluating clearance searches on new trademarks, analyzing the results, and providing risk assessments.
- Filing and prosecuting trademark applications, including drafting substantive responses to Office Actions.
- Drafting, negotiating, and advising on trademark related agreements including third-party licenses, intra-company licenses, consents, assignments, settlement agreements, co-branding, and copyrights.
- Independently handling day-to-day enforcement activities (priority investigations, cease and desist letters, negotiating with opposing counsel, drafting settlement agreements) for the USA and overseeing foreign counsel on the same.
- Managing trademark paralegal staff in an efficient and effective manner.
- Being responsible for meeting opposition and other deadlines, including responding to business stakeholders and foreign counsel.
- Directing and supervising foreign counsel's activities, budget and billing.
- Drafting initiating TTAB documents and overseeing foreign counsel's equivalent documents while maintaining brands.
- Supporting in-house and foreign litigation counsel throughout the pendency of oppositions, cancellations, or other proceedings.
- Reviewing advertising and marketing pieces for trademark and copyright issues.
- Reviewing trademark watch service reports on core trademarks and recommending a course of action.
- Managing global trademark portfolio, and responding to business inquiries in an efficient manner.
What expertise have you grown – What do you bring to the table?
- Law Degree and current bar membership in good standing.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of legal experience with 5 years of trademark prosecution experience preferred.
- Ability to “translate” trademark concepts into language easily understood by non-attorney clients.
- Very detail-oriented.
- Ability to work with paralegals to manage high volume of trademark deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.