Description:Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP, a renowned domestic and international intellectual property boutique, seeks to hire a highly qualified Intellectual Property Attorney to join our Life Sciences team. We have attorneys, agents, and staff throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. This role can be fully remote, or can be hybrid in the Philadelphia, PA or Wilmington, DE office.
A minimum portable book of 200k is required. Candidate could be brought in at the associate, counsel, or partner level depending on their level of experience and book of business.
The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of patent prosecution experience, including but not limited to the preparation and prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications, client counseling, opinion development, and due diligence activities. Practical experience and an in-depth knowledge of Chemistry is required. Willingness to assist the IP litigation team as needed.
- B.S. in Chemistry, required; Masters or Ph.D. preferred
- 2+ years of research or industry experience in organic or inorganic chemistry
- 6+ years previous IP law experience, including foreign and domestic patent preparation and prosecution
- Active USPTO Registration
- IP litigation support experience preferred, but not required
- Good standing in the bar(s) where licensed to practice law
- Superior technical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and resolve conflicting workload assignments, and adapt to changing conditions and last-minute instructions and assignments
- Superior academic record and strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
- Effective team player
- Minimum portable book of $200k required
Essential Job Duties:
- Preparing complex patent applications
- Preparing continuations, divisionals, and reissue patent applications
- Managing large docket of domestic and foreign prosecution
- Consulting with clients, inventors, technical experts, and patent portfolio managers
- Preparing responses to US office actions and conducting interviews with US Examiners
- Prosecuting a global patent portfolio across multiple jurisdictions by instructing foreign patent counsel in the prosecution of foreign counterpart applications
- Preparing claim charts to products and standards, analyzing infringement and validity
- Conducting IP related due diligence
- Maintaining and sharing expertise and knowledge on legal case law, rules, and regulations before the US Patent & Trademark Office as well as other relevant jurisdictional IP offices
- Assist with and support the IP litigation team including legal research and discovery
Panitch Schwarze offers work-life balance initiatives, remote work, competitive salary, benefits, time off, bonus and client origination programs.