Description:At The Matian Firm, we're passionate about protecting our clients' rights, and it shows in our results. We have a history of success built on lasting relationships that produce results with outstanding value for our clients. We're looking for an admitted attorney, for an extremely promising Associate Immigration Attorney position within a premier law firm with a lot of room for growth. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated Associate Attorney to gain valuable experience and further their career with an established firm in the Houston Area. As The Associate Attorney, you will report to the Managing Immigration Attorney, you will also manage your caseload, as well as client interaction, and can collaborate with our wonderful Immigration Team of Attorneys and legal assistants.
- Explain immigration concepts and present strategic solutions
- Represent non-detained and detained individuals in removal proceedings the Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals
- Manage workload of cases
- Visit and conduct an intake with detained individuals at centers.
- Prepare diverse immigration applications, including removal defense and family-based immigration petitions
- Review immigration applications/packets and make any necessary adjustments
- Present to and work with law enforcement, prosecutorial offices, and community-based organizations on changes in immigration law
- Meet with potential clients for strategic immigration consultations and determine necessary strategy
- Develop strategy and prepare clients/witnesses for court/USCIS testimony
- Provide legal analysis for clients to determine any possible case benefits
- Prepare and submitting legal briefs for a variety of immigration cases
- At least 3-5 years of Immigration Law Experience
- A team player who is open to helping, strategizing, and working with your fellow associates
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Interpersonal skills of the highest caliber
- Record of moving legal cases forward and an ability to manage a caseload
- Experience with Family-Based Petitions, Humanitarian, EOIR, Detained, Citizenship, and other USCIS applications
- Experience with Case Management Software is preferred
Pay Range: $75,000 to $125,000 annual salary
Here at The Matian Firm, we offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. We have a great compensation package including a 401(k) plan. Some perks include catered lunches, complimentary parking, paid time off, and more! Come be a part of our growing firm and its opportunities for career development. You will learn and develop alongside a team of professionals with a focus on excellence in the legal industry.
The Matian Firm, APC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We're dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.