Description:Our Law Firm is looking for an experienced senior-level criminal attorney to handle high-leverage state and federal criminal matters. We are seeking a team player, used to working in a collaborative style, as well as working within a support network that includes junior attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants. We are a tight knit group of people who've spent years developing a supportive, fun, and exciting culture where standards are set, met and rewarded. We are committed to enriching our employees' lives both professionally, personally, and financially.
Our attorneys advocate for clients, advise them on the best course of action, conduct contested hearings, and try those cases in front of juries. We are seeking candidates with significant trial experience, who are able to manage a heavy caseload, and use their experience and interpersonal skills to mentor our lower-level associates to ensure a continued legacy of prosperity and experience accumulation. If this sounds like an opportunity that is ideal for you, please contact us today.
- Manage clients and their expectations through a high level of communication through our CMS, text, email, phone and Zoom calls.
- Manage a full docket caseload that includes some complex federal criminal matters as well as a wide variety of state matters, including sex crimes, crimes of violence, drug trafficking cases, and drunk driving cases.
- Mentor younger attorneys by 2nd chairing their cases and assisting them with the development of case and trial strategies.
- Research and brief complex state and federal criminal issues.
- Attend court and effectively advocate for the best possible outcomes for our clients.
- Be prepared to litigate any and all issues as well as conduct jury and bench trials when necessary.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work independently, with minimal oversight, while handling multiple files involving serious criminal matters.
- Applicants must have significant trial and contested hearings experience.
- Persuasive writing and verbal communication skills are critical in this position.
- 10+ years of experience as a criminal attorney with a demonstrated track record of success at the trial court level.
- Member in good standing of the Maine State and Federal Bars.
- $115,000 - $145,000 yearly
About The Maine Criminal Defense Group
We're an established, small criminal defense law firm, changing lives, one client at a time. We absolutely believe in what we do, which is to provide the very best legal services possible for each and every one of our clients. We take a total team approach where everyone's input and collaboration is necessary to get the very best possible results for the clients, and where we value every team member's contributions to that outcome.
We provide competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a hard-to-beat paid time off policy.
If this sounds like your job and your team… and you think you'd be a GREAT fit for our Firm's culture, we very much look forward to speaking with you soon.
If you'd like to see more about our culture and how we have fun while we work, visit www.workatourlawfirm.com!