Description:About the Job:
Reports to: CFO
Principal Purpose of Position:
The Senior M&A Counsel will report directly to the CFO. This individual will be responsible for providing advice and support on general contractual and other legal matters as described below.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide guidance and expertise on M&A due diligence
- Responsible for drafting and negotiating transaction documents for stock purchase, asset purchase, merger, confidentiality, and non-disclosure of subsidiaries, as needed.
- Ability to lead closings
- Provide legal support and practical risk-based advice to M&A team, including drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Support finance department with credit and banking facilities
- Assist and advise on compliance matters; help maintain appropriate policies and procedures.
- Assist in supporting corporate governance function for subsidiaries; coordinate with local attorneys for assistance as needed.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to the CEO, senior executive management, and department heads of the Bank, the Holding Company, and their financial services, insurance, and other operating subsidiaries.
- Comfortable with domestic travel as required.
Education and Experience:
- JD degree and admission to practice in good standing in the state of NJ and/or???
- Mergers & Acquisitions, including private equity transactions
- Knowledge of automotive dealership industry a plus.
- Actual deal experience required
- Must be driven and passionate about M&A and Corporate Finance
- Strong administrative and organization skills
- Demonstrated success in M&A due diligence
- Self-starter with initiative and discipline who can work independently
- 7-10 years of experience in M&A
- Strong commitment to results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What we offer:
- Low-cost medical benefits
- Fully paid dental and vision benefits
- 401k with employer match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, personal days
- Professional Development Assistance
Job Type: Full-time exempt