Description:The Johnson & Johnson Global Legal Organization is currently recruiting for a Senior Counsel, U.S. Oncology to provide legal support to the U.S. Oncology business within the Janssen North America Pharmaceuticals Group. The position will report to the VP Law, Oncology, and will be based in Horsham, PA.
The Senior Counsel, U.S. Oncology will assist the VP Law, Oncology in the management of the legal affairs of the U.S. Oncology business, J&J's largest and fastest growing business in the U.S. In this role, the Senior Counsel will provide strategic legal advice to cross functional business partners on complex business arrangements; and will also provide general solutions-oriented legal support to the U.S. Oncology business, and Janssen cross-functional business partners on a broad range of proposed business matters and strategic initiatives, in the areas of sales & marketing, medical affairs, market access, and healthcare compliance and privacy.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $ 94.9 billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly- based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has opportunities to help make it happen.
- Provide day-to-day legal counsel to senior leaders and advising all levels of the organization on matters while evaluating and balancing both legal and business risks;
- Provide specialized commercial legal counsel and strategic advice for product launch excellence activities and commercialization strategies throughout the product life-cycle;
- Directly advise on the ongoing management of collaborations and alliances with third party pharmaceutical and diagnostic companies;
- Collaborate with Global Legal Organization colleagues and other functional support areas, including Health Care Compliance and Privacy to incorporate their guidance into aligned legal advice that supports compliant and Credo-based innovation;
- Develop and deliver training to business clients that focuses on relevant areas of law and transactional topics related to obligations under collaboration agreements for the supported teams;
- Provide other general corporate legal services and counsel under direction of VP, Law Oncology.
- A Juris Doctor Degree with admission to (and current good standing with) the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Seven (7) or more years of experience as a business/commercial attorney for a commercial operating company or comparable legal experience in a functional role.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding legal services to a variety of senior leaders.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills and an excellent track record of collaboration with colleagues.
- Broad-based corporate legal and commercial experience.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ability to simplify complicated issues for clients.
- Business oriented with an ability to proactively engage with business colleagues to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired action plans and contribute to compliant growth for the business.
- High integrity, strong work ethic, and able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects with enthusiasm and attention to detail. Ability to handle work with tight turn-around timelines with a variety of internal teams.
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with senior leaders, based on a good understanding of the facts and/or law, and executing on the decision made by management.
- Highly effective collaborator in a team-based, fast-paced matrix environment.
Comprehensive understanding of the healthcare market (preferably in Life Sciences and/or pharmaceutical/biotech industry), including, legal, compliance and regulatory issues viewed favorably.
- This position is located on-site in Horsham, PA, with occasional travel to Titusville, NJ and New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .