Description:While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
Databricks is seeking a Senior Product Counsel to help the Databricks legal team provide cutting-edge, practical legal advice to Databricks' engineering and product management teams as we navigate rapidly evolving global laws and regulations in big data, including data privacy, data protection and AI. As Senior Product Counsel, you will also work cross-functionally with the product marketing, marketing and communications teams to bring our transformative unified data processing platform to market. You will also serve as a subject matter expert in collaboration with our commercial legal team as we negotiate complex contracts with our customers, including data processing addendums and business associate agreements. You will report to the Managing Legal Director, Product who is based in Denver, CO.
The impact you will have:
- Maintain high level of expertise in global privacy and data protection laws, including GDPR and CCPA
- Provide full life cycle product counseling - from ideation to end-of-life, including issues relating to privacy, contractual commitments to our customers and partners, licensing, open source, trademark, patent opportunities, communications, contracting/pricing, etc.
- Develop playbooks, checklists, training materials and other documentation to facilitate product initiatives and to share knowledge with the legal team.
- Assist Managing Legal Director, Product in efforts to enhance security and privacy-by-design
- Draft and update form agreements regarding products and services, and negotiate product, privacy and security related changes to customer contracts, including DPAs and BAAs
- Use your understanding of product and data risk issues to hear and answer questions that aren't asked and translate technical and security concerns into answers understandable to non-technical lawyers
- Review marketing and other communications relating to product
- Provide general legal support on a flexible, as-needed basis for other areas of the business
- Work with potential vendors to understand data flows to determine privacy and data protection risk and negotiate modifications
- Contribute as a team player to help further the status of the legal department as an effective, respected, and valued resource within the company
What we look for:
- Minimum 5+ years relevant legal experience at a top law firm and/or in-house (a combination of both is a plus), with minimum of 2 years focused experience in product, privacy, AI and/or IP law
- Experience working for a company offering platform services to business customers is a plus
- Deep understanding of cloud and software technology, and a strong desire to work on legal issues in these areas
- Technical background -- either an engineering or hard science academic background, demonstrated ability to acquire deep product understanding, or significant life experience as a general technology nerd
- State bar membership required
- Ability to prioritize and manage time, and client expectations, in the face of competing demands, often without direct guidance as we scale our expanding business
- Comfortable working with distributed teams
- Ability to exercise good judgment in raising issues and when collaborating with others
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills