Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage execution of CDI strategy and corporate development opportunities including acquisitions, gaming/racing greenfield projects, partnerships, new business concepts, and other growth initiatives
- Provide leading role in deal structuring, negotiation, and completion of corporate development transactions, including both traditional merger & acquisition deals and non-standard, complex commercial arrangements (e.g., joint venture agreements)
- Manage due diligence, financial modeling, and feasibility analysis of potential corporate development transactions
- Work closely with leaders in legal, government relations, finance, investor relations and other departments to ensure that processes and agreements are handled appropriately and effectively
- Identify new processes, procedures, and systems to improve productivity and efficiency for the strategic transaction process
- Other projects assigned by Senior Vice President, Corporate Development or Senior Vice President, General Counsel
Lead broad cross-functional teams on an ad hoc basis
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- JD with 5-10 years of progressive legal experience with a well-regarded law firm and/or in-house at a company. Corporate, public company, transactional or commercial contracts experience is preferred. Knowledge of racing and/or gaming industry helpful. Must be licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, eligible for reciprocity or otherwise eligible to obtain a limited certificate of admission to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky solely for the Company under Kentucky Supreme Court Rule 2.111
- Experienced in structuring and negotiating transactions, leading transaction project teams
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Shows initiative; a “take it and run with it” mentality
- Technology and/or gaming industry experience a plus
Position will require travel on periodic basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.