If you are an attorney looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Emerson’s legal department is looking for an attorney who can communicate strategic legal counsel, exercise sound judgment, and service as a business partner.
By forming partnerships with our businesses and other legal team members, you’ll have the opportunity to act as Emerson’s legal representative and develop a program for contract negotiation with suppliers, vendors, and partners.
As Counsel, You Will:?
- Manage a global legal program for contract negotiation for vendors, supply chain, and real estate.
- Work collaboratively with business platforms and subsidiaries worldwide to develop and implement processes, policies, templates, and training materials.
- Review, draft, and negotiate agreements and transaction documents in compliance with applicable policies and legal and ethical standards.
- Participate in the approval process to assist business owners in making informed decisions and securing appropriate approvals.
- Analyze business, financial, and legal risks.
- Research information on existing agreements and contractual programs, assisting with analysis and compiling data for reports.
- Ability to manage a large matter load of varying complexity and prioritize to work efficiently and productively.
- Stay ahead of legal trends in areas of compliance, including data privacy and cybersecurity, to keep our standard templates and vendor program up to date.
- Monitor changes in laws and regulations that impact purchasing activities and communicate significant developments.
- Provide contract-related guidance and interpretation of legal matters to engineering, product management, supply chain, IT, and other stakeholders
- Provide direction to Emerson outside counsel as required.?
- Apply and integrate organizational goals and objectives in work product and procedures.
Who You Are:??
- You ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations, carefully considering all relevant factors to help the business make good decisions.
- You effectively align the interests of multiple, diverse stakeholders.
- You find common ground and drive things to consensus.
- You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
- You adjust communication to fit the audience and the message.
- You address?any issues with optimism and confidence.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school and admission to and current good standing with a state bar.
- At least five (5) years of experience providing legal advice and guidance, preferred.
- Ability to use common office software for developing and exchanging electronic correspondence (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Occasional travel required (estimated less than 10%).
- The incumbent is required to continue the necessary professional education to retain a license to practice law.
- Knowledgeable in contract law and principles.
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role