WNC seeks a Senior Counsel to join its growing in-house legal team, which services all of WNC’s business lines. Qualified candidates will have six to ten years of experience in area of multifamily real estate transactions and finance. The ideal candidate will have prior experience representing real estate developers and investors in the acquisition and financing of multifamily and commercial properties, and a mission-driven orientation toward affordable housing. Knowledge of federal and state affordable housing and community development programs and regulations is preferred, but not required.
- Structuring, negotiating, and closing real estate and investment fund transactions.
- Review of real estate, financing, tax, and corporate governance documents.
- Conducting real estate acquisition due diligence and investor on-boarding.
- Prepare and draft documents for real estate transaction closings, asset management, corporate governance, fund formation and launch.
- Oversee real estate acquisition and disposition closings, and investment fund formation and closing transactions.
- Assist in the disposition of properties and liquidation of fund assets.
- Support the implementation of the company’s SEC and FINRA compliance programs.
- Coordinate with and oversee outside counsel.
- Provide legal advice to internal business clients.
- Supporting other departmental initiatives and administrative functions.
- Background in real estate transactions, affordable housing experience a plus.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Experience running real estate closings.
- Effective communication skills and professional attitude.
- Meticulous with attention to accuracy and organization.
- Willingness to collaborate effectively with a talented team.
- Ability to take initiative and produce results.
Education & Experience:
- Juris Doctorate
- Active Bar license
- 6 -10 years of previous real estate law experience, law firm experience preferred.
Benefits & Opportunities:
WNC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
WNC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time-off, 401k match, life insurance, and long-term disability.
The compensation listed represents the expected salary for this position. A candidate's work experience and other job-related factors will also be considered.