Closing Date: 8th June, 2023
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position Counsel/ Senior Counsel Gulf of Mexico Business Unit throughJune 8th , at 11:59 p.m. (Central Standard Time).
Overview of position:
This position is in the Americas E&P Law Group that provides timely and fit-for-purpose legal services to its North America Upstream exploration and production business units and headquarters groups. This position serves the Gulf of Mexico Business Unit (GOMBU), headquartered in Covington, Louisiana, and has offices in Houston, Texas. GOMBU is responsible for exploration, development, and production activities in the offshore United States and Mexico. The position requires upstream oil and gas legal experience (preferably 10+ years), providing oil and gas contracting and legal advice to clients. The position requires working closely with, among others, Exploration and Appraisal; Land; Commercial; Wells; Capital Projects; Asset Development Operations; Environmental Management and Asset Retirement; Finance; Health, Safety and Environmental; Corporate Affairs; Supply Chain Management; and Compliance personnel, among others, to achieve exceptional results in a fast-paced business environment. The Counsel/Senior Counsel will report to GOMBU’s Managing Counsel in Houston, Texas.
Position Details / Responsibilities:
- Provides legal advice and counsel on a broad range of upstream issues impacting the business unit at the federal, state, and local levels in both the United States and Mexico.
- Drafts, negotiates and/or approves complex agreements across a full range of land, operations, supply chain, capital projects, and commercial matters, including significant transactions with sophisticated joint interest owners.
- Works with clients and the Americas E&P Litigation team to manage and resolve disputes with third parties.
- Offers general corporate and legal advice on compliance requirements, risk exposures and mitigation in areas such as antitrust, bankruptcy, corporate governance, employment, health, safety and environmental, information technology, and procurement.
- Works closely with Corporate Affairs on federal, state and local advocacy, legislative and regulatory strategy, local community affairs, and the full range of external stakeholders.
- Partners with other Law practice groups, including Capital Projects, Environmental and Safety, Intellectual Property, and other Americas E&P Law Groups, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctor in Law from an accredited U.S. law school
- Active membership in the State Bar of Texas or Louisiana, or actively admitted in another U.S. jurisdiction
- Upstream oil and gas legal experience (preferably 10+ years), including experience drafting, negotiating, and closing oil and gas transactions and providing legal advice and counsel to clients
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.