Founded in 1856, Harris Beach and its subsidiaries provide a full range of legal and professional services for clients across New York state, as well as nationally and internationally. Harris Beach is among the country’s top law firms as ranked by The National Law Journal. Clients include Fortune 100 corporations, privately-held companies, emerging businesses, public sector entities, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. Principal industries Harris Beach represents include education, energy, financial, food and beverage, health care, insurance, manufacturing, medical and life sciences, real estate developers, and state and local governments and authorities. The firm’s more than 200 lawyers practice among offices throughout New York state in Albany, Buffalo, Ithaca, New York City, Rochester, Saratoga Springs, Syracuse, Uniondale, Washington, D.C. and White Plains, as well as in New Haven, Connecticut and Newark, New Jersey.
Location: Open to any HB office or 100% remote within the U.S.
Description: The Corporate Practice Group of Harris Beach PLLC seeks a securities attorney. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience advising both public and private company clients on securities law matters. We are flexible to the office location and hybrid or remote working arrangements. Lateral opportunities at the partner level can also be discussed. Competitive compensation package and signing bonus available.
- Advise clients on legal issues related to private capital raising activities
- Draft and review our clients’ ’33 Act and ’34 Act filings
- Advise on SEC rules and regulations, stock exchange rules, Sarbanes-Oxley/Dodd-Frank/JOBS Act compliance, and related corporate governance and regulatory matters
- Assist with securities related structuring, negotiating and other aspects of public and private transactions
- Minimum 4+ years’ securities experience
- Admission to NYS bar (or ability to waive in) required
- Exceptionally strong writing and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrated high level organizational skills for prioritizing workload
- Must be able to manage competing priorities and maintain high standards of performance
- Exhibits conscientiousness, dedication, self-discipline, and a sense of responsibility
- Must have a professional, cooperative, positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to work with diverse personalities within various levels of the organization
- Military experience welcome
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates.
Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary information below will vary depending upon relevant experience for the position and geographic locations.
The firm’s policy prohibiting unlawful discrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, placement, assignment of duties, training, promotion, compensation & benefits and termination. It is the policy of Harris Beach PLLC that all applicants and employees enjoy a positive, respectful and productive work environment, free from behavior, actions or language constituting unlawful harassment. Accordingly, harassment or discrimination of any kind based on an individual’s race or color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, creed, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status is strictly prohibited. Harris Beach complies with the provisions of the Human Rights Law, all other State and Federal statutory and constitutional non-discrimination provisions including non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.