Closing Date: 27th November, 2023
The Manatee Clerk's Child Support Program provides comprehensive case management including; locating parents responsible for the support of a child, establishing paternity, obtaining, enforcing and changing child support orders. The Program Attorney/CSP position is a full-time, non-supervisory position reporting to the CSP Legal Supervisor. This position is responsible for providing superior service to the public and to other Clerk's employees and for accurately and effectively performing legal services for the CSP.
- Juris Doctorate
- A member in good standing of the Florida Bar
- Knowledgeable of Florida Rules of Procedure and Florida Evidence Code
- Effective trial techniques and skills
- Able to conduct legal research
- Current with and maintain Florida Bar CLE requirements
- Computer literacy which includes, but is not limited to, proficiency in Microsoft Windows suite
Along with the satisfactory performance of this job's essential functions, the employee in this position is expected to actively and consistently demonstrate the core values of the Clerk's Office.
Service to All
Everyone is my customer. From our customers to my coworkers and colleagues, excellent service is my primary goal. I will provide courteous, patient and knowledgeable service to everyone.
I will foster the highest level of ethical conduct and promote an atmosphere of transparency, accountability and confidentiality in my actions and behavior. I will comply with all the Clerk's policies.
I will treat the office, everyone I come in contact with and myself with respect. From punctuality to dress code, I will be mindful of what my actions and my appearance communicate to others.
I will present ideas and information in a thoughtful and courteous manner and be open minded to the ideas and suggestions of others. I take responsibility to keep others fully informed of situations and information at all levels whether in writing or verbally.
I accept responsibility for the quality, quantity and timeliness of my work. I will seek answers to issues I do not understand and I will own my behavior.
I hold myself and others accountable for the success of the team. I support a culture that finds solutions, rather than make excuses or place blame. I will be flexible and cooperative when faced with change.
I will foster an environment of continuous improvement. I am encouraged to research, study and learn the vast workings of the Clerk's office so I can be of the most service to our customers.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides excellent customer service to all in person, in email and over the phone; is approachable, helpful and personable; and answers questions knowledgeably and with patience.
- Understands and implements the policies and procedures of the Child Support Enforcement program in accordance with Florida Statutes and Title IV-D of the Social Security Act.
- Understands the program's performance measures and manages legal workload accordingly to meet objectives and goals.
- Provides legal services for the CSP in Title IV-D cases.
- Researches, analyzes and interprets case law and statutes affecting IV-D cases.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Essential Mental and Physical Functions
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking critically; defined as reading, understanding and taking appropriate action on detailed and complex information
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Repetitive actions/motion of one or both hands
- Hearing ordinary conversation and office sounds
- Verbal communication in person and on the phone
- Written communication by hand and on PC