Description:The Wyoming Attorney General's Office is seeking an attorney to provide professional legal representation to the Department of Family Services. The position is an At-Will Employee Contract (AWEC) position. The representation of the Department of Family Services will include representation of the Agency for recovery of birth costs paid by medical assistance from specified persons and in the establishment of paternity in related actions. This attorney will work with the Agency's local child support offices, including child support attorneys, to accomplish the representation. This attorney may also work with the Agency to develop rules and regulations related to the recovery of birth costs paid by medical assistance from specific persons.
The Attorney General's Office provides attorneys an opportunity to develop expertise and utilize legal skills in a dynamic and collegial work environment while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Essential Functions: The listed essential functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Ensures proper legal representation in all actions involving the recovery of birth costs and paternity establishment related to the recovery of birth costs
- Negotiates with opposing counsel and pro se parties, attends hearings, and performs other related actions
- Recommends and reviews legal actions
- Drafts, reviews, and signs legal documents
- Ensures all orders contain required federal and state elements and vigorously advocates the interest of the state
- The ability to work collaboratively with others
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Preference may be given to applicants who are active members of the Wyoming State Bar and licensed to practice as attorneys in this State.
Please ensure that you attach the following documents when submitting your state application:
- Professional resume - include references
- Recent writing sample
- Law school transcript
- Please review our application for completeness and accuracy. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Knowledge of Wyoming and federal statutes related to birth cost recovery and paternity establishment
- Knowledge of Wyoming rules and federal regulations related to birth cost recovery and paternity establishment
- Knowledge of trial and appellate practice, the rules of civil procedures, the rules of evidence, and the rules of appellate procedure
- Skill in organization and effective use of available time and resources
- Skill in teamwork to be used with the Agency, court personnel, opposing parties, and other community agencies and representatives
- Juris Doctorate
Necessary Special Requirements:
Physical Working Conditions:
- Travel required - as necessary by the caseload.
- FLSA: Exempt
- Salary is commensurate with relevant legal experience
- Successful applicants are required to pass a criminal background investigation
- This position is at-will and is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Attorney General (W>S> 9-1-608)