Description:At Morgan & Morgan, the work we do matters. For millions of Americans, we're their last line of defense against insurance companies, large corporations or defective goods. From attorneys to client support staff, creative marketing to operations teams, every member of our firm has a key role to play in the winning fight for consumer rights. Our over 3,000 employees are all united by one mission: For the People.
Morgan & Morgan is looking for a Personal Injury Litigation Attorney our quickly expanding practice of plaintiff's personal injury lawyers and supporting case staff in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Litigation Attorney will handle motor vehicle liability (MVA) / automobile accident cases, including trial prep, depositions leading to trial, complicated settlements, and in-court jury and bench trials, representing plaintiff clients in Southfield, Detroit, and surrounding areas including Wayne and surrounding counties.
Our Personal Injury Litigation lawyers have support from a separate team of pre-suit attorneys and case managers, as well as assistance from seasoned trial partners, as needed. Additionally, each litigator will have a large case staff assisting them, including a dedicated paralegal and a dedicated legal assistant.
Our law firm's generous and competitive compensation includes a base salary, guaranteed commission, and competitive ongoing commission fees / bonuses (uncapped), as well as a full benefits package including excellent insurance for employees, spouses, and dependents.
- Day-to-day handling of motor vehicle accident cases
- Drafting and filing of litigation documents to include pleadings, discovery requests, discovery responses, demands, motions and memoranda of law.
- Guide plaintiff clients through the case process
- Interaction with expert witnesses to include conferences, drafting of expert reports and affidavits
- Attendance and preparation for depositions, mediations, hearings, and court appearances on behalf of plaintiffs
- Law degree (J.D. / JD / Juris Doctor) from a fully ABA accredited law school
- An active member in good standing with the Arizona Bar (AZ Bar)
- Ideally 2+ years of PI litigation experience (ideally motor vehicle / automobile liability / MVA)
- Ability to manage high volume of litigation cases and take them to trial
- Excellent client service and communication skills
- Self-starter driven by long-term career goals
- Superior writing and oral advocacy skills
Morgan & Morgan is a leading personal injury law firm dedicated to protecting the people, not the powerful. This success starts with our staff. For full-time employees, we offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Morgan & Morgan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.