Do you want to help advance scientific discovery, improving quality of life around the world? We do, too.
Molecular Devices has the opportunity to be the innovation partner that empowers scientists to fast-track research breakthroughs, leading to earlier diagnoses and safer drug treatments. We’re a leading life science solutions provider of high-performance bioanalytical measurement systems, software, and consumables. With Molecular Devices, you’ll grow your career with best-in-class teams in a culture of collaboration.
Molecular Devices is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
The Patent Agent is responsible for performing patent activities and/ or trademark activities as well as exclusivity analysis at varying levels of complexity. Interacts with the business and general legal to advise on patent and/or trademark activities, provide advice on product exclusivity and freedom to operate counseling. This position requires USPTO admission.
- Serves as trusted colleague to R&D teams on all IP issues (with a particular focus on invention mining, patentability, patent prosecution and freedom to operate), locally and globally, by giving solid and practical IP strategic advice.
- Aligns IP strategies with business and strategic plans.
- Leads outside counsel in the preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications.
- Provides educational presentations and other training on IP matters to Molecular Devices employees.
- Builds IP awareness, culture and standard work at Molecular Devices
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
Education and Experience
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Educational background in biology, chemistry, and/or physics
- 5 – 8 years of relevant experience in either a law firm or as in-house patent agent is required
- 2-3 years of experience as in-house patent agent is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Partners effectively with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the global organization and across all phases of research, development & commercialization to provide clear, strategic business counseling.
- Approaches IP with a strategic mindset by anticipating future business and looks for creative solutions and opportunities.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to communicate complex IP issues in business terms across a spectrum of partners.
- Must have strong client service orientation.
- Self-directed and proactive, comfortable executing on multiple projects independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated high integrity and ethics in all dealings, non-political in conduct, while understanding internal and external dynamics.
- The salary range or hourly range for this role is $82,000.00 - $120,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
- This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
- We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working here can provide.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.