Description:Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig (DBL) is a full-service national law firm committed to excellence and dedicated to serving our clients. We are seeking a Patent Agent to join our Intellectual Property practice area. The position will permit (after brief orientation) immediate and meaningful client contact and counseling, while the practitioner nurtures a robust and growing patent drafting and prosecution docket. Excellent staff support and technology systems will help the practitioner achieve professional goals.
DBL assists clients ranging from beginner inventors, to innovative startups, to the world's top technology research university. We help clients protect everything from simple mechanical inventions to complex electrical, chemical, biotechnology and software innovations. We are seeking a candidate who can simultaneously manage a large variety of assignments, engage with clients directly with professionalism and enthusiasm for their accomplishments, and work quickly and effectively to generate top quality work product.
We are open to on-site, hybrid, or remote schedules, and we will pay a highly competitive salary with opportunities to make substantial bonuses.
- Strong organizational and written/oral communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail required. Double checks the accuracy, formatting, and grammar of written communications while handling confidential information sensitively and discreetly.
- Educational attainment in either computer software, electrical engineering or both is preferred, though not required.
- MUST have 1-3 years of patent preparation/prosecution experience.
- MUST be USPTO registered.
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD)
- Quarterly performance bonus program
- 401(K) with matching
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible and Hybrid schedules
- Reasonable hourly requirements for a healthy life balance
DBL is a veteran-owned law firm with offices in multiple states and more than 70 outcome-focused attorneys advising and representing national and international clients in legal matters. Our firm offers a depth of knowledge without sacrificing the high-touch service our client's demand. Our attorneys hail from the most respected law schools, Am Law 100 firms, and a variety of diverse backgrounds. In addition to former military, government agency, judicial clerking and corporate experience, the partners at DBL average more than twenty years of high-level relevant legal experience.
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to candidates with diverse personal and professional backgrounds. We also participate in E-Verify. The firm operates in a hybrid remote work environment. DBL offers a rewarding work environment that provides an opportunity to advance and grow professionally.
Official Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Company