Closing Date: 1st March, 2024
Description:The A Government Entity Solicitor-General's office is seeking a qualified individual for the position of part-time assistant solicitor general. This part-time role involves prosecuting cases in the Magistrate Court Ordinance calendar and Juvenile Court traffic arraignment calendar. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing non-jury ordinance cases for trial, managing associated trial proceedings, and ensuring compliance with state laws, court procedures and rules of evidence.
- Attend weekly Magistrate Court Ordinance calendar and prosecute cases as appropriate.
- Prepare non-jury ordinance cases for trial, including subpoenaing appropriate witnesses and conducting trial proceedings.
- Attend weekly Juvenile Court traffic arraignment calendar and prepare cases with appropriate offers.
- Juris Doctorate required.
- Member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia.
- Applicants waiting on bar results and provisionally barred may apply.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge of state laws, court proceedings and rules of evidence.
- Ability to adhere to the policies and procedures of the Solicitor General's Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the public, judges and court personnel.
- Comfortable working in both office and courtroom settings for extended periods.
- Capable of intermittent sitting, standing, walking and occasional lifting of light objects.