Job Opportunity for Lawyer with Economic Sanctions experience in New York
Seiden Law LLP, a globally recognized law firm based in Manhattan focused on litigation, sanctions, securities and corporate matters is seeking an attorney with 4-plus years of experience including in the area of economic sanctions, OFAC, export controls. The successful candidate will work with a team of seasoned lawyers and support staff on fascinating and challenging matters. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who desire to grow with the firm and practice at the highest level while having significant responsibility and front-line exposure. We offer a competitive market salary ranging from $150k to $250k (or higher depending upon experience), as well as bonus eligibility and a competitive benefits package.
This role will include:
- Interfacing with fellow lawyers and support staff, government agencies, judicial and arbitral tribunals
- Researching, drafting and submitting filings to government agencies and state and federal courts
- Working with clients, co-counsel, experts and witnesses.
- Conducting or assisting in depositions, hearings, arbitrations, trials and managing or assisting in managing discovery in regulatory, litigation and arbitration matters.
- Develop or assist in developing and implementing affirmative litigation strategies.
- 4+ years in economic sanctions
- Excellent academic credentials
- J.D. from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in New York and or Washington DC
- Outstanding references and writing samples
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Experience and knowledge working effectively with US government agencies, including US Treasury OFAC
- Organized and articulate and excellent at dealing with obstacles
- Interested in international clients and cases
- Motivated by career and firm development and growth
- Thrives in a team environment while also able to independently manage assignments and cases
- Health Insurance
- Vision and dental benefits
- Commuter tax support
- Informal professional dress code
- Hybrid work (3 days in the office)
- Creativity and collaboration encouraged
- Diverse and energetic staff of lawyers and other professionals
- Clients include global companies and individuals, high-profile individuals and businesses, foreign businesses from Europe, Asia, and foreign governments and organizations.
About Seiden Law LLP
Seiden Law is a globally recognized law firm based in Manhattan (the safe and commuter friendly Chelsea neighborhood) with professionals located throughout the world, specializing in high-stakes litigation and arbitration, economic sanctions and white collar investigations. A substantial component of our practice consists of cross-border disputes, with a particular focus in Europe, Africa, and Asia. Our “secret sauce” is our people, relationships and our unique approach – we treat our client and their issues like our own and are relentless advocates for their cause. We have a successful track record for clients and have been trail blazers in helping create new law and precedent setting solutions. Many among our team hail from some of the oldest and largest law firms in America. This is an extremely unique opportunity to work closely with a talented group of people on “ripped from the headlines” cases. The firm believes in a balanced life and invests in pro bono work and professional development.
Additional information may be found at the Seiden Law, LLP website, available at https://www.seidenlaw.com/
Job Type: Full-time
Salary range (depending on experience): $150,000.00 - $250,000.00 per year(or higher depending upon experience)