Description:The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
AspenTech is seeking a senior lawyer to join its fast-paced Legal Department. This is a unique position with an unusual variety of work projects and a high degree of responsibility, including in the areas of M&A and other corporate development transactions, and other corporate and corporate finance matters as required. The position will report to the VP & Associate General Counsel in Bedford, MA.
- Provide support for M&A activities and other strategic transactions.
- Provide support for corporate finance matters.
- Manage outside counsel effectively, ensuring high-quality work at a reasonable price.
- Assist with the interpretation and implementation of company-wide policies.
- Provide support for other matters as determined from time to time.
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years' experience as a lawyer in a diversified US law firm and preferably the legal department of a software technology company.
- J.D. with superior academic credentials from a nationally recognized law school.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide clear, correct and concise written and oral advice in a business context.
- Subject matter expertise and experience in intellectual property, litigation and compliance matters.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Substantial experience and responsibility in complex contractual negotiations, including merger agreements and technology licenses.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new or unfamiliar challenges or areas of responsibility.
- Ability to form strong working relationships with internal clients while maintaining firm adherence to proper legal standards.
- Ability to travel internationally and to function in a global time-zone environment.
- Strong sense of integrity and appreciation for confidentiality issues.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Ability to speak, read and write in languages in addition to English is preferred.
- Admission to state bar.