Description:We are an established and highly regarded law firm in New York City representing clients in many areas of the law including litigation, corporate law, criminal defense, family law and immigration. We are looking for an attorney with 5+ years of experience in civil litigation, willing to expand their areas of expertise. The ideal candidate is diligent, motivated, good team player with a strong work ethic. Applicants must be admitted in New York, federal admission is a plus.
- Conduct legal research and analysis of details and evidence involved in cases.
- Draft and file pleadings, motion papers, discovery demands, and other legal documents.
- Contribute to strategy and case planning, make appearances in court.
- Communicate with colleagues, clients, witnesses, and opposing counsel.
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely billing records.
- Perform other assignments requested to assist the team members.
- Admission in NY is required, additional federal admission is preferred.
- 5-6 years of civil litigation experience is required, additional exposure to criminal and family law is a plus.
- Desire to expand areas of expertise, embrace new skills and best practices, ability to follow guidance of the senior team members.
- Proactive, dependable, with strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.