Description:We are a real estate law firm that handles traditional real estate matters but also utilizes advanced computer systems to handle a high volume of unlawful detainer cases. We are seeking to immediately hire an attorney with at least three years in practice, or significant trial experience, to join our team. Successful candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
The nature of our caseload means that a much higher percentage of cases go to trial, including jury trials. What that means for our lawyers is that you can expect to spend most of your time interacting with clients, writing briefs for the court (not memos for the file), appearing in court (state and federal) and trying cases before juries all over Southern California.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to manage more than one case at a time while appearing in court most days. The ability to build client relationships and attract business will also be rewarded.
The position offers health benefits and paid vacation time. Salary is negotiable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing why you are applying along with your resume and a writing sample.
- Appear in-court, argue motions, and participate in trial
- Write briefs and perform legal research
- Draft discovery documents and assemble discovery responses
- Draft pleadings and legal correspondence
- Interact with clients
- Organized, professional, positive attitude, hardworking
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, including advanced formatting and template manipulation
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, including advanced PDF editing
- Proficiency with Westlaw, LexisNexis, Google Scholar, and PACER
- Preferred Skills/Qualities (Not Required):
- Unlawful Detainer experience
- Spanish language skills
- 3 years preferred, but will consider junior attorneys
To Apply Please Submit:Cover letter describing why you are applying
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depending On Experience
Litigation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
For interested applicants, please send your resume to email@example.com.