Description:BWW Law Group, LLC, an "AV" rated real estate default law firm with offices located in Rockville, MD and Richmond, VA is seeking a dynamic and motivated Litigation Attorney to join our team in our Rockville, MD office. This position is full time (currently a hybrid remote and in-office position until the firm is at a full return to work environment). Attention to detail is a must to succeed as a part of our team! Our Rockville office is Metro accessible (Red Line - White Flint Station), and provides free employee parking.
- Handle a caseload in accordance with firm, client and court timeline requirements;
- Analyze legal issues and review strategies for assigned matters with Managing Attorney;
- Draft /argue pre-trial motions and pleadings, attend court hearings and mediations;
- Depending on level of experience handle depositions; participate in trials at the state and Federal level;
- Work with department staff to ensure timely updates to client systems and firm case management system;
- Timely communicate with clients on statuses of case matters.
- Admission to MD or DC bar is required. Admission to both is a plus!
- Any litigation experience and/or Previous experience in mortgage servicing, real estate law, title litigation a plus;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Must be organized; detail-oriented, able to multitask and handle a variety of legal matters in a high volume practice;
- Comfortable working independently and with a team.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance (employee paid) including short term disability, cancer and critical care, and personal sickness indemnity
- Long term disability
- Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Flex Time
- Commuter benefits
- Casual working environment
- Employee Discount Program
- Free parking
Compensation commensurate with experience.
BWW is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all business activities, including hiring, promotion, and other employment decisions, without regard to the employee's or applicant's race, color, creed, religion/religious affiliation, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, age, sex (to include sexual orientation, transgender status or gender identity), disability, pregnancy, maternity/paternity status, marital status or civil partnership, genetic information, military/veteran status, victims of domestic violence or crimes, or other legally protected class.