Description:Law firm in Bedminster, New Jersey, is expanding its practice. We are seeking a motivated and organized Litigation Associate with a minimum of 3-5 years of litigation experience. Trial Experience Required. Superior research and writing skills are essential as well as experience in motion practice and large discovery projects. The attorney hired for this position will work directly with our Partners and associates on a variety of litigation and business matters.
The candidate must be licensed in NY, NJ a plus and be proficient in practice in the state and federal courts in NY & NJ.
Associate Attorney Job Summary
Our firm is looking for an Associate Attorney to help with our high volume of litigation cases. As an Associate Attorney, you work underneath a senior attorney on each case you are assigned. Your tasks include drafting legal documents, assisting with the discovery process, and performing legal research for each case. While we sometimes negotiate settlements on behalf of clients without going to trial, we are looking for someone who can aggressively represent our clients' interests. Our ideal applicant has 3-5 years of litigating experience.
Associate Attorney Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with drafting legal documents, including motions and pleadings
- Assist with the discovery process by administering depositions, issuing interrogatories, and reviewing documents
- Negotiate settlements
- Perform legal research
- Make court appearances as necessary
- Conduct initial consultations with potential clients
Associate Attorney Requirements and Qualifications
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- License to practice law
- Litigating experience (3-5 years)
- Trial experience (3-5 years)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills
Attention to detail:
Please email your cover letter, resume and writing sample.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person