Description:Fortinet, a leading Silicon Valley cybersecurity company is seeking an Associate Legal Counsel to join our legal team in our Sunnyvale headquarters, reporting to our Associate General Counsel for LATAM and Canada and supporting all of the Americas (Canada, USA and LATAM).
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who has strong business judgment and initiative, is self-motivated and a quick learner, and wants to gain broad business experience with a successful Silicon Valley technology company that is determined to maintain its entrepreneurial, fast-paced roots and yet is large enough to be international and stable.
- Review and negotiate commercial and sales agreements, including but not limited to nondisclosure agreements, bid certifications, marketing agreements, vendor services, licensing and manufacturing agreements.
- Work with internal stakeholders, including Finance, Product Management, Marketing, and Operations regarding commercial and procurement agreements.
- Assist with activities related to compliance, corporate governance and subsidiary management.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Legal team and company processes and to promoting a culture of integrity and compliance.
- 2-4 years minimum of legal experience counselling technology clients.
- Business judgment and client counselling experience.
- Experience working independently, cross-functionally and on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive can-do attitude: can handle complex work and yet no job is too small; the right personal fit is critical
- Good team player in an exciting, dynamic, and growing industry
- Passion for the job, and iron gut, and a good common sense and business judgment to be able to drive value in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Professional with high integrity
- Some complex transactional experience as well as experience with compliance programs
- Experience in a technology driven environment
- Understanding of channel driven sales models
- Experience in the security industry
- Experience and training in contract negotiation
- Another language apart from English
- Good presenter
- Understanding of tender and procurement processes
- Work experience in more than one jurisdictions / country
- In-house transactional experience
- Multilingual, with fluency in Spanish and English is a plus
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent)
- Must be admitted to a State Bar in the United States, with California preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the technology industry, with cybersecurity preferred.
Fortinet offers employees a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k), 11 paid holidays, vacation time, and sick time as well as a comprehensive leave program.
Wage ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, and job level. Earnings for this position are expected to be $175,000 - $220,000. Exact salary offers will be determined by factors such as the candidate's subject knowledge, skill level, qualifications, experience, and geographic location.
All roles are eligible to participate in the Fortinet equity program, Bonus eligibility is reviewed at time of hire and annually at the Company's discretion
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 500,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our company, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, military/veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.