Description:Imagine New Horizons...
Dassault Systemes, the 3dexperience Company, provides businesses and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Serving over 250,000 clients in 11 industries, from high-tech to life sciences, fashion to transportation, we help businesses and people around the world to create sustainable innovations for today and tomorrow
Our team has an immediate opening for a Contract Legal Counsel professional. This person will work in our Waltham, MA office campus, reporting onsite 3 days a week in a flexible hybrid model.
As a member of our Americas legal team, you will support our sales and services organizations responsible for the company's Americas operations. Legal Counsel will actively manage, draft and negotiate a range of complex commercial agreements, including software license and services agreements with customers and partners. You will coordinate and manage contractual relationships with external customers, partners, and suppliers through completion, and act as an advisor on legal issues arising in the course of Company's business, including issues related to contract interpretation, intellectual property, corporate policy and regulatory compliance.
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
You will interact with management and customer personnel on enterprise-level matters requiring coordination across organizational lines, as well as provide guidance to internal teams and stakeholders in formulating partnering strategies and plans, and in defining the legal risks associated with such plans.
Primary responsibilities are drafting, reviewing and negotiating software license agreements, services agreements, vendor contracts, IP licenses and nondisclosure agreements, and ensuring that such contracts are executed in compliance with company policy and applicable laws and regulations.
The challenges ahead….
- Partner closely with sales and services, and finance teams to understand and implement applicable processes and business practices.
- Identify and report potential risk associated with customer facing contracts and products
- Negotiate contracts, propose creative alternatives and protect the Company's position to mitigate risk
- Collaborate extensively and positively with sales, services and other internal teams
- Collaborate with members of the legal team to ensure conformity of contract terms globally
- Draft letters, memos, departmental and/or company communications and other legal documents
Your Key Success Factors?
- Juris Doctor from an accredited US law school
- 4-7 years of legal experience at either a law firm or in-house, or both
- Admission to Massachusetts Bar most preferred
- Work onsite at DS local offices; hybrid work schedule with 2 days remote
- Consistently demonstrates the highest level of integrity without compromise with regards to ethical standards
- Significant experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, particularly with large, domestic and international customers most preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while also managing critical deadlines
- Flexible, able to quickly adjust to evolving internal and external customer requirements, including deadlines
- Highly organized with critical attention to details
- Ability to build relationships with internal clients and Legal Department along with the ability to work independently and/or within a collaborative team structure
- Positive, self-motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Strong functional use of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills in two parts: 1.) very strong writing skills utilizing the rules of English grammar; 2.) verbally clear, concise, and grammatically correct oral (speaking) communication skills in English
Pluses, not required
- Experience in software industry or with software-specific agreements, particularly enterprise license or services agreements
- Experience supporting indirect sales channels
- Experience with government contracts
- In-house legal experience
- Experience with litigation-related matters
- General corporate law experience including corporate governance matters and mergers and acquisitions
Compensation & Benefits:
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.