Description:Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 7,000 people worldwide.
Our in-house legal team is growing and we are looking for a talented Lead Legal Counsel, reporting to the Senior Director, Legal – Global Operations (Procurement and Facilities) and Research & Development. In this role, you will support general contracting matters and a wide various of strategic projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pragmatic, high-volume legal advice in the support of day-to-day commercial contracting, including the negotiation of non-disclosure agreements, development agreements, supply agreements, services agreements, consulting agreements, amendments, statements of work, schedules, exhibits, and consents.
- Draft and negotiate complex agreements to support commercialization and technology integration with strategic partners, suppliers and customers.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, analyze, and mitigate risks, while maximizing business opportunity.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and legal department personnel to create proactive strategies to anticipate and mitigate risk.
- Assist legal team with establishing or updating contracting process, creating, maintaining and updating legal templates.
- Stay current with legal developments and best practices, and implement policies and procedures.
- Manage other duties as assigned.
- 8-12 years of relevant legal experience with regional, national or international law firm(s) or in-house legal experience.
- Medical device/diagnostics/pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience.
- Ability to operate independently and serve as a key team member of a growing organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills to interact with diverse audiences, including outside attorneys, management and business associates.
- B.A. or B.S. and J.D. with excellent academic credentials. License to practice law in the state of California.
- J.D. from a nationally recognized law school, with admission to the California Bar.
Exempt Salary Details:
The annual base salary range for this role is $141,800 to $236,400. Final compensation package will ultimately depend on factors including relevant experience, skillset, knowledge, business needs and market demand.
Experience and Education:
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 8-12 years of related experience.
- At this level a graduate degree may be desirable with 4 years of related experience.