Description:Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
You'll spend your time:Snyk is seeking a Privacy Legal Counsel to help the legal team navigate rapidly evolving global privacy laws and regulations. You will be an individual contributor, reporting to the newly appointed VP, Legal - Commercial, Product & Privacy. As a member of the legal team, you will provide legal counsel to several business partners as well as help support the privacy compliance program for Snyk. The ideal candidate will have experience building a privacy function/privacy programs as well as proven success working cross functionally to support global compliance, reviewing and negotiating data processing terms. This role will be located ideally in Boston, but could also be remote in Eastern Time Zone.
You will spend your time:
- Counsel and advise commercial team on data protection related provisions in commercial contracts, including updating templates for and negotiating data processing addendums.
- Partner with marketing, sales, go-to-market and procurement teams to assess potential privacy and security risks and regulatory requirements, including lead generation and marketing outreach activities, developing and providing training.
- Support privacy program compliance, including data subject rights requests, data inventory, privacy by design, and help operate and improve the effectiveness of critical privacy compliance processes
- Facilitate Privacy by Design by working with key business stakeholders to complete Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and performing the initial review of completed PIAs and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) for new processing activities, IT changes, projects, and data ingests
- Draft external privacy notices and disclosures, and manage/update internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with global privacy laws
- Research and evaluate the applicability and impact of global privacy laws, legislation and regulatory guidance on new business initiatives and processes.
- Partnering closely with other teams on cross-functional projects to deliver business-focused support and strategic advice
You should apply if:
- Lawyer with 8+ or more years experience & substantive legal experience
- Experience building and leading a privacy function
- Extensive UK/EU and international data protection/privacy experience
- Deep understanding of cloud and software technology, and a strong desire to work on legal issues in these areas is preferred
- Experience working for a company offering SaaS organization is a preferred
- Great relationship building skills
- Thrive in fast paced environment
We are especially interested if:
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to juggle multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to change within a growing company
- You are obsessed with process improvements, friction elimination and automation
- You are a team player with a high level of professionalism and commitment to developing strong relationships with colleagues, internal clients and business teams across the enterprise
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including concise contract redlining