Closing Date: 1st September, 2022
Minimum Position Qualifications
J.D. from an ABA accredited school, and admission to the Tennessee bar or awaiting bar exam results/admission to the Tennessee bar at the start of the fellowship term. Must be licensed to practice law in Tennessee within 6-months of start date. Excellent academic and/or legal professional background.
This is a limited two year appointment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- All applications must be submitted online at workforum.memphis.edu
- Applicants must complete all applicable sections of the online application to be considered for a position. Please upload a cover letter, resume, and reference list after completing your application, if required by the system. Required work experience is based on full time hours. Part time work experience will be prorated as listed.
- Candidates who are called for an interview must notify the Department of Human Resources in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The department is especially interested in candidates with the following:
- Sense of humor and lover of music and/or movies
- Intellectual curiosity
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to manage projects with minimal supervision
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Duties & Responsibilities - Supports attorneys in their delivery of legal services including collaborating and/or coordinating specific projects and training initiatives and assisting with the preparation of a variety of substantive legal documents and agreements.
- Duties & Responsibilities - Assists University Counsel with Board of Trustees duties including preparing and/or reviewing meeting agendas, advance materials and meeting minutes.
- Duties & Responsibilities - Working with the Office of Legal Counsel on process and policy improvement by conducting best practice benchmarking and developing training materials and white papers.
- Duties & Responsibilities - Assists Law School’s Career Services with duties including meeting, virtually or in-person, with law students regarding their professional development; supporting Career Services staff with events, meetings, and seminars; performing administrative duties as it pertains to law student careers and pro bono service.
- Duties & Responsibilities - Other duties as assigned.