Martek Global Services, Inc. has been awarded several long-term Federal contracts to provide a wide range of federal litigation support.
Job Location: The Division’s work is performed primarily in Washington, DC, and in its offices in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. This position is considered fully remote; occasional on-site meetings may be held.
Occasional On-Site Location: 209 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, IL 60604
- Performs complex legal research for the trial staff.
- Act independently and/or as a team leader on larger projects.
- Responsibilities may include acting as primary interface with trial attorneys, experts, and other client staff.
- Perform an in-depth second-level review of all documents and identifies documents that require further review by a federal attorney.
- Perform detailed indexing of case files; drafting procedures for accomplishing litigation support assignments; document acquisition related tasks; and screening for privilege documents.
- Proofread and edit written documents.
- Review audio files.
- Receive and track discovery items.
- Utilize electronic and evidence management and discovery production processes and tools, such as Relativity, Casemap and Sanction, to support investigations.
- Search the Relativity database per criteria developed by case team management.
- Review search result sets for relevance based on written criteria.
- Code relevant documents per existing protocol.
- Perform legal research using tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Reviewing and analyzing documents obtained during the investigation and explaining/ summarizing them to MLARS lawyers
- Prepare various legal documents, reports, correspondence and assist with technical research documents.
- Brief attorneys regarding legal issues and theories and draft statement of facts.
- Prepare summaries and analyses of information reviewed.
- Brief attorneys regarding substance of documents reviewed.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
- Must have law degree.
- Must have at least two to three years of progressively more responsible experience on litigation support projects including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
Martek Global Services, Inc. (“Martek”) is a Professional Services company headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with an additional office in Huntsville, Alabama allowing us to be strategically structured to reinforce our nationwide support services. For over two decades our experience and dedication to customer service has been unparalleled as we continue to service many of our original customers from 22 years ago. From the beginning, Martek has established a solid reputation by seamlessly delivering solutions that have consistently exceeded both our commercial and government customers’ expectations. These successes have been contributed to over 20 federal agencies/bureaus in over 200 cities in 40 states whose awards and testimonials have recognized our high level of service and dedication to our customer’s mission and goals.
Martek is a VEVRAA federal contractor and requests priority referrals.