It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Please note that CNI is closely monitoring Executive Orders and will be following any final decisions or mandates regarding the COVID-19 Vaccination as a federal contract provider.
Law Clerk I – will support the Health and Human Services (HHS), Office for Civil Rights (OCR) as an integral contributor, by providing mission support to OCR regional offices to ensure compliance by the regulated community with the HIPAA Rules and applicable federal civil rights, conscience and religious freedom regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the integration of CNI Core Competencies into daily functions, including: commitment to integrity, knowledge/quality of work, supporting financial goals of the company, initiative/motivation, cooperation/relationships, problem analysis/discretion, accomplishing goals through organization, positive oral/written communication skills, leadership abilities, commitment to Affirmative Action, reliability/dependability, flexibility and ownership/accountability of actions taken.
- Works independently or as a team leader as required
- Evaluate complaints to identify potential violations of HIPAA Rules and/or applicable federal civil rights, conscience and religious freedom regulations.
- Provides written comments to the COR.
- Timely respond to correspondence and phone calls related to complaints and requests for technical assistance.
- Draft all documents related to complaint resolution, including, but not limited to, investigative strategies, notification and data requests, closure letters, voluntary resolution agreements, and corrective action plans.
- Conduct interviews of complainants and witnesses.
- Review and analyze policies and procedures, medical records, reports of information system activity, computer audits, the internet, and financial reports.
- Knowledge of the application of nondiscrimination and conscience regulations, the HIPAA Rules, court decisions, agency case precedent, theories, concepts, and principles to investigation, enforcement, and compliance work.
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance with all applicable rules (federal, state, local, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations, Prime Contract requirements, etc.) for themselves and the company as a whole. Fosters an environment in which they will report any violations or reasonably suspected violation of CNI policy, FAR, and/or CFR and are comfortable discussing the myriad compliance, conflict, FAR, CFR, etc. issues that arise during the performance of a government contract.
Education / Experience
Minimum educational experience is a law degree (J.D.) from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA).
Certificates / Licenses / Registration
Must be able to obtain a Federal Public Trust clearance.
Job Specific Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in English grammar and punctuation.
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team or independently in a busy environment is required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.).
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and coworkers, as well as a wide range of people with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information with exceptional discretion.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to produce quality work, meet critical deadlines and pay attention to detail in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!