Spencer Fane is seeking a junior Associate to join the Labor & Employment practice group in our Denver or Minneapolis office. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of employment law experience, and a general understanding of labor and employment law concepts. Applicants should have experience representing clients before administrative agencies in employment-related claims, litigating on behalf of employers in state and federal courts, and drafting discovery, briefs, and advisory memoranda. They should also have experience counseling management and human resources processionals on employment matters.
Benefits Include: Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Parental Leave, Group Life, and Disability
Compensation: $160,000-$175,000, commensurate with experience, plus opportunity for significant variable compensation based on productivity and individual contributions.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school with an excellent academic record
- Admission to Colorado or Minnesota bar
- Ability to interface directly with attorneys and clients
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently and productively
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and organization skills
- Outstanding judgment
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects
- Ability to develop and implement legal strategies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.