Description:About the Job:
Golenbock's Employment Law group seeks a midlevel Associate to join its growing team. The Associate will work closely with members of the Employment Law group on a wide range of employment law matters, including:
- Advising clients on all aspects of employment law, including discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, contractual disputes, and wage and hour issues, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Drafting and negotiating employment contracts, consulting agreements, and separation agreements, and advising clients in connection with employee hiring, discipline and termination;
- Drafting employee handbooks and related policies;
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenant agreements;
- Monitoring and reviewing changes and developments in employment law;
- Conducting research, preparing legal memoranda, pleadings, briefs, and related documents in litigation and/or arbitration;
- Representing clients in administrative proceedings before city, state and federal agencies.
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school
- 3-5 years' experience in employment law (plaintiff's or management side)
- Handbook drafting experience a plus
- Self-starter, dynamic, willing to take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
Golenbock offers its attorneys:
- Hybrid work model (currently 3 days per week in office)
- Friendly, collaborative working environment
- The opportunity to work directly with clients on small teams and take significant responsibility for their matters
- Billable hour expectations significantly below that of BigLaw
- More competitive hourly rates, enhancing attorneys' ability to develop business
The salary range for this role is $170,000 to $240,000, depending on the candidate's specific skillset and number of years of relevant experience.
Golenbock Eiseman Assor Bell & Peskoe, LLP is a mid-sized law firm located in New York City providing sophisticated counsel and representation to a wide range of clients, including large and middle market public and private companies and executives, private equity and venture capital funds, real estate developers and owners, technology and life sciences companies, hospitality and retail operators, and high net worth individuals. The firm is a member of Alliott Global Alliance, an international alliance of law and accounting firms, which enhances its ability to advise clients concerning international transactions and other matters.