We are Nath, Goldberg & Meyer, an Intellectual Property (IP) boutique law firm based in Alexandria, VA, just blocks from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. We are focused on helping our clients use their IP to create a competitive advantage in the marketplace and avoid the costs and drain of litigation. From day one, we focus on making sure that what we do fits with the overall business strategy of our clients. For more information, visit us at www.nathlaw.com.
We are hiring for a Junior Chemical Patent Associate or Patent Agent, in person or remote, for our team. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Conducting patentability and freedom to operate searches
- Drafting patent applications
- Drafting Responses to Office Actions and other related patent prosecution
- Preparing replies to client questions regarding patent law
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field
- Background in chemical or pharmaceuticals
- Some patent experience preferred
- Proven track record of attention to detail, follow through, and timely communication to others
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, listening to complete required communication, internally and externally
Nath offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% paid employee coverage for medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. If interested, please email your cover letter and resume.