Michael Best & Friedrich LLP is seeking a highly motivated and experienced IP Litigation Mid-Level Associate to join any of our offices. The candidate must have 3-7 years of IP Litigation experience. A technical background, membership in the Patent Bar, and/or experience as a federal judicial clerk are advantages but are not required. Ideal candidates will have experience working within the Intellectual Property/Litigation department of a comparable law firm and a high level of academic achievement from a law school institution.
This is an opportunity to work with the Best. We are Michael Best & Friedrich, LLP. We are a full-service law firm with more than 350 lawyers and technical professionals who work in collaborative, interdisciplinary practices to serve clients around the world.
We work with companies in all kinds of industries, as well as trade associations, nonprofits, educational institutions, governments, family trusts, and high-net-worth individuals. Since our firm's founding in 1848, we've continuously evolved to meet our clients' changing needs and expectations. One thing remains the same: For generations, clients have relied on Michael Best for exceptional legal service and business acumen.
We have offices in Wisconsin (Milwaukee, Madison, Manitowoc, Waukesha); Illinois (Chicago); Utah (Cottonwood Heights, Salt Lake City); Colorado (Denver, Broomfield); Texas (Austin); and North Carolina (Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington); and Washington D.C. Our contemporary offices spaces are ideal for concentration and collaboration supporting our culture of working together to make great things happen for our Clients. This position can be located in any of our offices.
Bring Your Best
Knowledge Base & Education:
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Excellent academic credentials
- 3 to 7 years of IP Litigation experience
- Technical background is preferred; IP litigation experience is required
- Experience in both patent and trademark litigation is preferred
- Ability to learn and embrace new skills and best practices as the position evolves and Firm needs change
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
Ability to develop relationships and foster teamwork at all levels of the Firm
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of internal and external clients, attorneys, and staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations with tact and discretion
Problem Solving Skills:
- Ability and confidence to identify and analyze issues, make decisions, and initiate actions/solutions
- Agility to respond to unexpected challenges, including proactively developing innovative solutions to complex problems while maintaining a professional demeanor
Ability to maintain composure and demonstrate good judgment
Valid authorization to work in the U.S.
Why You Should Apply
At Michael Best, we are proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards package that provides a variety of resources designed to enhance its employees' overall well-being, both at work and at home. Competitive base pay, outstanding benefits, opportunities for learning and growth, all programs designed to help you plan for the future, and perks that inspire your downtime are all part of our total compensation package.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application via our online portal. Please contact Regina Kautzer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.